incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] [ooo-users] Speaking of ooo-users
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2011 15:55:48 GMT
Having all of the discussion about the future of OO.o lists on ooo-dev is
probably ineffective.  It would be good to engage on the OO.o lists and, in
particular, engage those moderators and administrators that have survived in
their roles to advise and assist in determining what needs to be done.  In
particular, many lists will simply be shut down.

The individual list subscription pages on OO.o could be updated to indicate
what has happened, where the archive remains, and what the replacement is, if
any.  Those pages probably won't come up until the domain is pointed to an
Apache version of the site.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Ross Gardler [mailto:rgardler@opendirective.com]
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2011 02:58
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] [ooo-users] Speaking of ooo-users

On 17 October 2011 10:28, TJ Frazier <tjfrazier@cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> On 10/17/2011 03:35, Ross Gardler wrote:

>> I'd suggest adding a footer to all these mailing list mails that states
>> the
>> project is now at Apache and the list will be closed down in the future
>> and
>> moved to an Apache.org address.
>>
>> There should also be regular mails to the lists saying the same and
>> inviting
>> list participants to join ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org to discuss their
>> needs.
>>
>> As lists are created here you can change these headers and mails to
>> warnings
>> about switch off with subscription instructions for the lists here.
>>
>> Ross
>>
> In general, setting a ML footer is fairly easy to do, for an owner under
> SYMPA.
>
> I have a small problem w/r/t the @documentation lists, because we at AOOo
> have made no provision for documentation at all.

Hopefully we can get some active members of the existing documentation
lists over here to tell us what they need and how they would like to
operate within the AOOo poject. Then we will have provision ;-)

This goes for all areas that were covered but are not currently
covered. The discussion starts here on the dev list and, if necessary,
we create infrastructure specific to any given activity.

Ross