incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <orc...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Expiration of Initial Committer Invitations
Date Sat, 15 Oct 2011 20:14:28 GMT
There are 13 Initial Committers who have not completed the process to
establish themselves as committers.  Two of those have registered iCLAs.

In all cases, repeated reminders to complete the process or to let us know
they are declining to become committers have gone unanswered.

PROPOSAL: In accord with the previous discussion consensus, I intend to
announce that those Initial Committers who remain out of communication shall
have their invitations rescinded on midnight Friday, 18 November:
2011-11-18T24:00Z.
See
<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ooo-dev/201107.mbox/%3c004b01cc496a$4f1c5680$ed550380$@acm.org%3e>.

The following notification will be made on the morning of Wednesday,
2011-10-19, using all known e-mail addresses for the absent Initial
Committers:

      From: [ooo-PPMC]
        To: [absent Initial Committer]
        Cc: ooo-private@ i.a.o
   Subject: [name] Expiration of Initial Committer Invitation

   Hello [name],

   This is your final reminder.

   Your invitation to be established as a committer and PPMC
   member of the Apache OpenOffice.org incubator project will
   expire at midnight Friday, 18 November: 2011-11-18T24:00Z.

   If you have not taken any action to complete your becoming
   a committer by that time, the invitation will expire.

   Please confirm your intention to become a committer or not
   by reply message to ooo-private@incubator.apache.org.
   Include any questions you have about next steps to becoming
   a committer if that is your desire.

   You are always welcome to participate on the ooo-dev list,
   submit patches, and make other contributions along with
   all participants on ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org without
   becoming a committer  You can also be invited to become
   a committer at a later time upon recognition of your
   contributions to the project. However, your Initial Committer
   invitation will expire if you take no action at this time.

   - for the Apache OpenOffice.org PPMC