incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Migration Status Page
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2011 22:03:20 GMT
So where should finer details be?  In the AOOo BZ?

The problem on OO.o is there is about three levels of intermediate pages that end up dumping
people on the old bz.  This might not be repaired until the static pages are ours, but how
are these to be kept in our attention.

The problems with the new instance is errors in who things are auto-assigned to, other little
things that have to be fixed so someone can take ownership of a bug, etc.  For example, the
list of places to tie the bug to is also inappropriate.  Those I noticed just creating one
issue myself.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Weir [mailto:robweir@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2011 14:47
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Migration Status Page

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 5:45 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
> Maybe it would be good to think of three progressions:
>
> 1) Migration - moved to ASF or retired.
> 2) Administration - with sysadmins / moderation in place.
> 3) Integration - with proper links, navigation and urls. Also branding and legal stuff.
>
> BZ may still need 2) and 3)

BZ was done enough for Dennis to send out an announcement to the users
list on Sept 3rd.   We're using it now.  Could it be prettier?  Sure.
But it has been migrated and the new instance is being used and the
old one is not.  Something doesn't become unmigrated just because it
could use more help pages.

So for a high level status I think this is fine. It points users in
the right direction.  If we fill it up with buts and caveats and
exceptions, then it will not serve its purpose as a high level
overview.

-Rob

> Regards,
> Dave
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Oct 24, 2011, at 2:30 PM, "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
>
>> Um, I think there is a lot of how to submit a bug, how to find bugzilla information
on OO.o that will need to be cleaned up still.