incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Google code-in 2011: can we still make it?
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2011 06:45:27 GMT
Pedro,

GCI participation is being discussed on the dev-community list.  You should
check into that conversation, dev @ community.apache.org
with archive at <http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/continuum-dev/>.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Pedro Giffuni [mailto:pfg@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2011 22:22
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Google code-in 2011: can we still make it?

Hi;

In case you are not aware, Google has a code-in program where teenagers get
involved in open-source projects.

 http://www.google-melange.com/gci/homepage/google/gci2011

Compared to a GSoC, this usually involves tasks that are more related to
documentation or alternative task rather than heavy coding. I am not sure if
we are still in time to apply, or if ASF is applying for this program but it
would be very valuable for some taks like the Wiki migration, and having young
people involved in the project would be great!

Pedro.