incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject OO.o Migration: Mailing Lists
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2011 02:03:37 GMT
Thanks Paul, that is very helpful.

There's no information here about a change in OO.o list ownerships and who did
it.  It may have been to provide one of the Oracle members on the Apache OOo
project a means to prepare for movement.  I don't believe any precipitate
action is forthcoming.

In order that the current list moderators and others can be kept informed of
preparations for OO.o migration, can you serve as an intermediary?  It would
be valuable if you could help ensure that everyone is consulted, informed, and
not surprised by anything that happens in migration of OpenOffice.org into
Apache custody.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul [mailto:paul.m.nz@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, October 16, 2011 16:37
To: dennis.hamilton@acm.org; ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [@ Rob Weir] Re: Need moderators for ooo-marketing list

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 10:29 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton <
dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:

> Paul,
>
> Are you no longer able to moderate users@ OO.o ?  Has something changed?

I received a bunch of emails over the weekend advising that I've been
removed as owner of most of the OOo lists... I assumed that this also
referred to moderation, but I've just checked and those emails (to moderate)
are still coming through - so this now seems unlikely.

> Also, do you know if the moderators @ OO.o is operating and who is *that*
> moderator?

The email list moderators@openoffice.org is still valid, but I'm not sure
who is still subscribed. I was listed as moderator/owner of that list as
well, but now I cannot tell (owner privileges removed, as per above).

> It would be good to have a broader conversation on what is happening with
> lists at OO.o.

It seems that very recently there has been some changes made... I figured
that was in anticipation of some wider scale changes involved with the move
to Apache platform. Happy to answer any queries or questions about what has
happened in the past.

/paul