incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] [ooo-users] Speaking of ooo-users
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2011 02:03:37 GMT
Let's not jiggle anything just yet.  The options have not been explored and it
may be better to have some preparatory assistance of current-list moderators
and administrators.  There are a ton of mailing lists under the live OO.o
site.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Kay Schenk [mailto:kay.schenk@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, October 16, 2011 14:19
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: [DISCUSS] [ooo-users] Speaking of ooo-users

I turn your attention to:

http://openoffice.org/projects/www/lists/users/archive

there seems to be a fair amount of continued activity here.

I could change the "subscribe" link on:
http://support.openoffice.org/

to get them to the new Apache users list, but, what to do about current
subscribers/conversations. Yes, we've discussed this a bit and,
truthfully, since I have NO admin powers on the existing mailing lists I
haven't been keeping up with it actually, but, given recent events, I
think it would be wise to get current users on board SOON with the new
set-up.

Thoughts? I don't know how to put the current list in read-only and I
thought someone (Dennis, Alex) said this could be done along with a
message to this list to that effect. I feel dealing with this particular
list (its total migration) should be a very high priority.

The last messages I find about this concern archiving the existing lists.

My apologies if I'm way behind on some of this conversation.
MzK

"There is no such thing as coincidence."
            -- Leroy Jethro Gibbs, Rule #39