incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Publishing the PPMC Roster
Date Sat, 15 Oct 2011 16:47:47 GMT
Concerning when iCLAs are registered:

When an iCLA indicates that the Apache OOo PPMC should be notified, I make note of that on
a private register maintained at the PPMC.  Those cases are not reflected in any way on the
summaries I publish on the status of intake of committers and PPMC members until there is
an invitation (including the implicit invitation of Initial Committers).

When the PPMC elects to invite a committer, the appropriate records are checked to determine
if the person is already a committer on other projects <http://people.apache.org/committer-index.html>
and, if not, whether an iCLA is already registered (whether or not the PPMC was notified at
the time): <http://people.apache.org/committer-index.html#unlistedclas>.  The invitation
and actions that follow acceptance are customized appropriately.  At no time in this process
are the specific individuals identified in public.

It is inconsistent for the PPMC to announce an apparent intention of an individual to be invited
or even that an individual's registration is part of the acceptance of an invitation that
has been made.  The individual might do that, but the PPMC operates discretely until the establishment
of a committer is completed.

>From this discussion, my take-away is

 1. The Podling Status page list of established committers
    should be updated systematically to ensure that it is current.
    <http://incubator.apache.org/projects/openofficeorg.html>
    [PS: The new styling there is painful.]

 2. The status of established committers will indicate whether
    or not the committer is an established PPMC member.

I have been collating that information already.  I will explore how to make this semi-automatic
and auditable.

 - Dennis