incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Bugzilla Admin (was RE: Bugzilla notifications not going to an ASF mailing list)
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2011 00:04:12 GMT
I think that you and I aren't using "properties" the same way in this context.  I was using
it by analogy to the way a real-estate agent or a rental property manager would use it.  I
thought I cleared that up.

Can you explain what you mean without using "property" and being specific to the Bugzilla
Admin topic?

I apologize for being so thick about this.  I can't visualize what you are proposing.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Fisher [mailto:dave2wave@comcast.net]
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2011 13:27
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Bugzilla Admin (was RE: Bugzilla notifications not going to an ASF
mailing list)

On Oct 20, 2011, at 1:08 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:

> I don't understand what this means:
>
>  "I think we need a languages properties file with items like BZ, Forum, ML, Language
Pack, etc."

Just like you stated the need for OOo domain/website/project properties. I think there is
a related need for a language properties collection.

There are several dimensions to language support in OpenOffice, we need a way to navigate
users to all the support for their language. With a proper properties file the webpages for
each language can include some language specific navigation.

Early on there was discussion that Apache websites can identify the incoming language. It
would be good to provide a property that for example could be used to determine a German user
of www.openoffice.org can automatically be sent to de.openoffice.org (or www.openoffice.org/de/.)

Regards,
Dave

> - Dennis

ASF mailing list)

> On Oct 20, 2011, at 12:20 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
>
>> I believe the next-action on administration of the ooo-bz is ours.  It looks like
there need to be some @apache.org administrators, and the hierarchy of administration with
respect to the various categories also needs to be dealt with.

>> From the list that Mark Thomas provided, I only see 2 apache.org e-mail addresses
that have administrative logins, Mark Thomas himself and Herbert Dürr.  The rest are openoffice.org
addresses of people who may or may not be here, may or may not be committers/PPMC members.
 They might not have even restored access to their bugzilla account after the move, but I
suspect they are still getting automated traffic from ooo-bz!?.

> Most of these are here and on the PPMC.
>
> jza, jsc, pjanik, r4zoli, pescetti, ...
>
> But it is a long list.
>
> I think we need a languages properties file with items like BZ, Forum, ML, Language Pack,
etc.

>> My thought is that this is an appropriate migration case to handle with more detail
on OOOUSER.

> Yes.
>

>> I am raising this flag for discussion.  I think a couple of admins should be nominated
and option 2 taken.  The mapping could be explained on the wiki.  Who already knows enough
ins-and-outs of Bugzilla administration to land running?