incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: [@ Rob Weir] Re: Need moderators for ooo-marketing list
Date Sun, 16 Oct 2011 21:29:00 GMT
Paul,

Are you no longer able to moderate users@ OO.o ?  Has something changed?

Also, do you know if the moderators @ OO.o is operating and who is *that* moderator?

It would be good to have a broader conversation on what is happening with lists at OO.o.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul [mailto:paul.m.nz@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, October 16, 2011 13:45
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: [@ Rob Weir] Re: Need moderators for ooo-marketing list

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 9:40 AM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 4:09 PM, Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 16 Oct 2011, at 21:07, Rob Weir wrote:
> >
> >> Ideally, 3 or 4 moderators, geographically dispersed.  More is fine as
> well.
> >
> > So far moderating ooo-users hasn't been burdensome, so I'd be happy to
> volunteer to moderate this one too. As for timezone, I am mostly in the UK
> or elsewhere in europe.
> >

> Great.  As you can attest, moderating a list is very easy.  You just
> need to be able to tell spam from a real post, click a link for accept
> or or another link to reject.  The moderators for a list might do this
> 2-3 times in a day, based on how many emails we receive from
> non-subscribers.  It does not require any technical/admin skills.
> Anyone can do it.  Ideally we will have good time zone coverage, so
> posts are not delayed more than necessary.
>
> > S.

Rob,
You seem to be the man in the know... I was (till very recently) the
moderator and owner of email list users@openoffice.org (amongst others)
hosted on the Kenai platform. Can you advise when this will be fully
switched over to apache platform? Emails for moderation are still flowing
through (typically ~80-120 per day (for users@).

/paul