incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Stahl <...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: handling of ext_sources - Juergen's suggestion [was: Re: A systematic approach to IP review?]
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2011 21:55:45 GMT
On 28.09.2011 17:32, Pedro F. Giffuni wrote:
> FWIW;
>
> I don't like the patches because I can't really examine well
> the code, besides this is something the VCS handles acceptably:
> commit the original sourcecode and then apply the patches in a
> different commit. If we start with up to date versions there
> would not be much trouble.

if we didn't have many thousands of lines of patches to rebase, then
upgrading to less outdated versions wouldn't be such a PITA.

sadly in many cases upstreaming patches was never sufficiently high on the
priority list to actually get done...

--
"Dealing with failure is easy: Work hard to improve.
 Success is also easy to handle: You've solved the wrong problem.