incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Stahl <...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: Build AOOo on Mac OS X 10.7
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2011 14:37:56 GMT
On 22.09.2011 08:49, Chao Huang wrote:
> hi, all
>
> On Mac OS X 10.7, I'm trying to build AOOo in following steps as I did
> on Mac OS 10.6/10.5 :

>    4) there will be a break with error message (due to the restriction
> of gcc version 4.0 in configure)
>            checking for gcc... /usr/bin/gcc
>            checking the GNU gcc compiler version... configure: error:
> You need to use the gcc-4.0 compiler (gcc 4.2.1 won't work with the
> MacOSX10.4u.sdk) - set CC accordingly
>
> It seems like that there is only gcc-4.2.1 in Mac OS X 10.7 with Xcode
> 4.1. The "MacOSX10.4u.sdk" is not supported by Mac OS X 10.7. There
> are only "MacOSX10.6.sdk" and "MacOSX10.7.sdk" under dir
> "/Developer/SDKs".
>            $ ls /usr/bin/gcc*
>            /usr/bin/gcc		/usr/bin/gcc-4.2

it is apparently possible to download and install the OS X 10.4 SDK even
on OS X 10.7.

http://catacombae.blogspot.com/2011/07/installing-xcode-326-in-mac-os-x-lion.html

> I'm going to remove the gcc-4.0 restriction and restart building.

there was a discussion some time ago on a different mailing list on this
topic; it should give you some ideas about the advantages and
disadvantages of doing this:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.documentfoundation.libreoffice.devel/14099

> Is there anyone who built out AOOo successfully on Mac OS X 10.7
> (Intel) ? Thanks!

haven't heard of anybody doing that.

regards,
 michael