incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joost Andrae <Joost.And...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Fix me: Abnormalities during bootstrap
Date Sun, 11 Sep 2011 19:36:52 GMT
Hi Frank,

> Sadly, we never found the time/courage/whatever to completely isolate a
> standard machine from the Corp. network, completely uninstall the
> scanner, and challenge our theory.
>
> So: Is there some error code when your build breaks, and what's your
> virus scanner?

it's a Norton Internet Security 2011 Suite with runtime scanning
activated. Now I don't believe it was the AV engine but the build ran
really faster after going offline to deactivate the runtime scanning
engine. I've tried to use GNU make 3.82 but it was not as good as
expected because the same problems happened again. Now I've built and
installed GNU make 3.81 containing the patch MBA recommended but
(un)fortunately the build is finished. I'll see the outcome latest when
doing my next build. Maybe it's related to the fact that my system is
running the 64 bit pro version of Win7 using a 32 bit version of Cygwin.

Thank you for asking

Kind regards, Joost