incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Stahl <...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: [LINUX-BUILD] Developer Education -- Building on Linux event starts now
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 11:33:21 GMT
On 07.09.2011 09:13, eric b wrote:

> B) More important :
>
> * l10n causes a big breakage, and you must avoid using --with-lang= ....
>
> If ever a workaround exists, we should put it online, urgently.
>
> Have people building Apache OpenOffice.org is extremely important,
> and I'm ready to help the one interested.

tried to fix this now, please try if you can get a --with-lang build.

(haven't tested myself, my build will take some hours and i'll be away
now...)

oh, guess you need a "source_config" in the "ooo" directory (which
contains "main"/"extras") containing:

[repositories]
main=active
extras=active

(btw, if only somebody please removed this source_config nonsense...)

> C) Design issue :
>
> Last but not least, we have Oracle logo at launch, in the
> splashscreen, and I'd like to know whether there is a plan for a new
> Design ? Ben Bois, our Designer (he did OOo4Kids and OOoLight
> design), is ok to help for new colors, and so on.

of course the Oracle branding will have to be removed.

> On my side, I know well this part of code, and I could even replace
> the .bmp with a .png file at launch in the splashscreen. Better : we
> (including me) could mentor a student to make it ?

any efforts in this direction are appreciated, so go for it :)

regards,
 michael