incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Thurgood <alex.thurg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Status of existing OOo user guides
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 05:15:09 GMT
Le 06/09/11 05:34, Jean Weber a écrit :

Hi Jean, all,

>> I am afraid we must still do this. Perhaps it's easier
>> to find the people that oppose .. Can we legally make
>> a call to everyone that opposes the change to speak up
>> before a certain deadline?
>

> I don't know if that would be legal, but even if it is, I think it
> would be very difficult to do that in a fair way. Where are you going
> to make this call? On a mailing list that many early contributors no
> longer subscribe to? On a website that they don't visit any more?

You are correct in your understanding that such an approach would not be
legal, at least in many jurisdictions. Copyright does not transfer by
right of silence in many instances. I for one, for whatever
insignificant part I may have in the current documentation (Draw,
Database - English and French), oppose changing the terms under which I
initially contributed.

I may choose to provide new material according to "the Apache Way" in
the future, but the heavy handedness I have seen elsewhere on this list
has provided me with no incentive to be a part of the project thus far.

Alex