incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Larry Gusaas <larry.gus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dissatisfaction amongst the community admins, moderators and volunteers
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 03:24:11 GMT
On 2011-09-06 8:04 PM  Rob Weir wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 9:38 PM, Andrew Douglas Pitonyak
> <andrew@pitonyak.org>  wrote:
>> On 09/04/2011 02:23 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
>>> If you do not own the hardware, the domain name and the trademark, then you are
operating
>>> at the pleasure of those who do own these things.  That might feel like autonomy,
but that
>>> is illusory.  If you want to see what autonomy looks like, look at http://www.oooforum.org/

>> where sadly nothing happens for years until the one person able to do
>> anything significant finally decides to make a change.....  I see,
>> therefore, far more spam and other things there than at the user forum.
>>   Yet, years later, nothing has been done to improve things.
>>
> It looks like a very active forum, with many users and volunteers
> answering questions.
>
> And strangely I see Terry has an account there, with 554 posts:
>
> http://www.oooforum.org/forum/profile.phtml?mode=viewprofile&u=30585
>
> Hagar has 5,171 posts there:
>
> http://www.oooforum.org/forum/profile.phtml?mode=viewprofile&u=24243
What is so strange about that? As has been mentioned before, the
http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/index.php forum was started because of many
problems on http://www.oooforum.org/

Terry, and especially Hagar have continued to give support at the old forum, although most
of
their  posts were before the new forum was established.

> And even you have 3,512 posts there:
>
> http://www.oooforum.org/forum/profile.phtml?mode=viewprofile&u=3905
Andrew is a very active member of that forum and also posts on the new forum.

> It couldn't have been all that bad if you spent so much time
> volunteering on those boards.
Hagar and Terry knew the problems there because of all the time they spent there. That is
why a
new forum was started. If you looked at the time period they posted there rather than just
the
number of posts they made, that would have been apparent to you. But that wouldn't have served

your purpose in making this post.

By the way, what is the purpose of your post? How does it aid in the migration of the forum
Apache?

--

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada