incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Stahl <...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: Who wants to build OpenOffice?
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 21:37:32 GMT
On 06.09.2011 14:47, Rob Weir wrote:

> 4) apt-get build-dep openoffice.org was insufficient.  I received
> configure errors after that and had to install many packages in
> addition

well, it's a start :)

> 5) I'm not at that machine right now to look up the details, but I had
> to copy down what appeared to be a mingw-compiled file from the
> website and put it into the externals directory.  I didn't see that
> called out in the instructions

that's one way of doing it; the other is to install a MinGW cross
compiler, which is nowadays available for all major Linux distros.

e.g. on Fedora 'yum install mingw32-gcc-c++'

but i think you have to tell configure about it explicitly:

./configure --with-mingwin=i686-pc-mingw32-g++