incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Larry Gusaas <larry.gus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is needed for Support Forums to be fully integrated into the Apache OpenOffice.org project
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2011 17:56:57 GMT
On 2011-09-05 11:26 AM  Rob Weir wrote:
> If you want to create a support forum outside of the Apache project
> then you do not need the approval of the PPMC.  I don't see that
> outcome as at all tragic.  We already have one independent forum. I
> see no reason why there cannot be two or more.  I don't really have a
> strong opinion on that.
Your antagonistic attitude indicates you do not want a forum. You continue to alienate the

people giving support on the forums and the OOo mailing lists.

Do you want experienced people giving support to Apache ooo? Where do you expect to find
volunteers to do so if you alienate the people doing so now? Do you expect the developers
give it?

> The choice is entirely yours.
Actually, the choice is partially yours. If you want a support community you need to make
those
currently experienced at giving support welcome in this project. That means working with them

to make a forum that works for everyone participating in it and is within Apache guidelines.

Issuing ultimatums does not create a positive response in the support community. Perhaps you

could be a bit diplomatic in your approach.

> I'd recommend consulting more with the
> other forum volunteers, and see if you can reach a consensus among
> yourselves on what you want to do.
Why don't you take up Terry's offer to become able to participate in the forum so you can
see
how it works and then you could make constructive comments on how to bring it within  Apache

guidelines

Do you want experienced people giving support to the project?

--

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com