incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joost Andrae <>
Subject Re: Introduction
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2011 11:56:48 GMT
Hi TJ,

I'm not sure if the backend infrastructure of the crash reporter can be
hosted outside a trusted network and it's fairly complex as it contains
debugging systems for all platforms available, as well as a big database
which is tied to the Hamburg build infrastructure and it stores
terabytes of debug information of mostly all builds done in Hamburg. The
backend logic afaik is not opensourced. If there is a deep interest into
this then someone at Apache needs to negotiate this with people involved.

Most information about the communication (XML file format and Soap
communication) from OOo to the backend can be read here:

> By a remarkable coincidence, I just added a line to the Site-QA plan[1]
> about the crash-reporting facility. If you want to jump right in, you
> could add some useful details there, about where the receiving facility
> is hosted, and who controls it. We (AOOo) have to plan on re-hosting it.
> [1]

Kind regards, Joost

View raw message