incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joost Andrae <Joost.And...@gmx.de>
Subject Introduction
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2011 11:04:29 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to introduce myself:

My name is Joost Andrae and I live in Hamburg, Germany.

I was working on StarOffice/OpenOffice.org full time since I joined
StarDivision as QA engineer in 1995. This was the time when StarOffice
development started. Since several years I'm working as program manager
to coordinate development efforts, to do some presales negotiations, to
be contact for partners and doing a lot of other things. Besides I've
been involved as QA engineer into agile development (SCRUM) of a web
application.

My main field of activity was the Calc spreadsheet application, the Math
formula editor and the Chart application. Furthermore I was involved
into QA/testing of all client server and web based StarOffice
development as well as into server based products like the document
converter application and the SDK. The crash reporting functionality was
also one of my babies which I tested, QA'ed and administered. At the
time I mainly worked as QA engineer I also tested font and printing
technology used within SO/OOo as well as I did performance and memory
tuning measurements of the application.

I'm involved into QA (as QA Co-lead), l10n (coordinating QA) and i18n
(RTL, CTL) efforts as well as I cared about the download infrastructure
(mirror network and Bouncer/MirrorBrain), the download pages and
releases of the en-US versions.

I join as an individual, not as an Oracle employee. This and all future
posts from me do not reflect any company opinion that I am affiliated
with. These posts reflect my private opinion only.

Kind regards, Joost