incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Larry Gusaas <larry.gus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] This list is migrating to ooo-users-d1GL8uUpDdXTxqt0kkDzDmD2FQJk+8+b-XMD5yJDbdMReXY1tMh2IBg@public.gmane.org
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2011 17:47:38 GMT
On 2011-09-02 11:30 AM  Rob Weir wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 1:22 PM, Larry Gusaas<larry.gusaas@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Will this list also be available using Gmane?
>>
> I do not believe that occurs by default for Apache mailing lists.
> There was some concern expressed before, I know, about the mangled
> subject lines and its impact on threading.  I'd recommend discussing
> this on the users list and see if there a consensus one way or
> another.
There is a long list of  Apache mailing lists available through Gmane. The mangled subject

lines are the result of a choice made when this list was set up on Gmane and that choice can
be
changed.

Most newsreaders have no problem with the threading.

Many of us giving support on the users list use Gmane. I, for one, do not subscribe to any

email support lists. I only use Gmane for giving support and for reading large volume lists.

--

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com