incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Stahl <...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: Who wants to build OpenOffice?
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2011 09:47:16 GMT
On 01.09.2011 10:33, Marc-Oliver Straub wrote:
> RedHat Enterprise Linux 5.6 64-bit, gcc 4.1.2
>
> ../configure --disable-mozilla --without-junit
> checking whether to enable RandR support... checking for XRANDR... no
> checking X11/extensions/Xrandr.h usability... no
> checking X11/extensions/Xrandr.h presence... yes
> configure: WARNING: X11/extensions/Xrandr.h: present but cannot be compiled
> configure: WARNING: X11/extensions/Xrandr.h:     check for missing
> prerequisite headers?
> configure: WARNING: X11/extensions/Xrandr.h: see the Autoconf documentation
> configure: WARNING: X11/extensions/Xrandr.h:     section "Present But
> Cannot Be Compiled"
> configure: WARNING: X11/extensions/Xrandr.h: proceeding with the
> compiler's result
> checking for X11/extensions/Xrandr.h... no
> configure: error: X11/extensions/Xrandr.h could not be found. X11 dev
> missing?
>
> Adding --disable-randr to the configure flags succeeds.

you'd need to look at the config.log to see why it couldn't use the
Xrandr.h.

perhaps some package is missing that we don't explicitly check for.

> However, I see the following error in the configure output:
> The variable COMMON_BUILD_TOOLS is set to: $SRC_ROOT/external/common
> Use of uninitialized value in string eq at ./set_soenv line 1987.
> The variable TMPDIR            is set to: /tmp

seems to be this test:
   if ( $ENV{"TMPDIR"} eq "" ) {
      ToFile( "TMPDIR",      "/tmp",               "e" );
   } else {
      ToFile( "TMPDIR",      "$ENV{'TMPDIR'}",     "e" );
   }

perhaps somebody who knows Perl could rewrite this so it doesn't give a
spurious warning...

--
PCMCIA - People Can't Memorize Computer Industry Acronyms