incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <giffu...@tutopia.com>
Subject Re: What is needed for Support Forums to be fully integrated into the Apache OpenOffice.org project
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 06:30:44 GMT

 I have huge respect for the forums and the efforts the admins
 of this systems do to make OO cool. I admit that I don't
 understand well how they can fit in the Apache's structure
 (afaict it has never been done) so I do share a lot of the
 doubts that Rob has: if the forums are to be supported
 officially the admins will represent the project just like
 any other member do. This involves accountabilty and a
 general connection to the project.

 On the other hand, forums seem to be somwhere between
 a newsgroup and an IRC channel: to operate correctly,
 forums require a level of flexibilty and independence that
 were a lot easier to provide by SUN than a strong rule-
 based organization like ASF.

 Both sides are difficult to concile (I won't even try).
 but I think blaming one side will not get us near a solution.

 Pedro.

 On Thu, 08 Sep 2011 05:23:05 +0000, toki <toki.kantoor@gmail.com>