incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <giffu...@tutopia.com>
Subject Re: AOOo can't save passwort protected file
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2011 21:07:19 GMT
 Hi Matias;

 On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 22:06:56 +0200, Mathias Bauer
 <Mathias_Bauer@gmx.net> wrote:
> Am 18.09.2011 06:10, schrieb Pedro F. Giffuni:
>
>>  Ugh ... nevermind, we already carry xmlsec !
>>
>> I guess we have everything to get rid of nss but we are not using it
>> right? Apache Santuario is interesting though.
>>
>> Cheers, Pedro.
>
> The reason why we went for nss when we needed AES enryption was code
> quality. openssl was considered as badly maintained.
>
> Disclaimer: I just repeat what the engineer charged with the
> evaluation
> reported. I didn't carry out this evaluation by myself.

 Thanks for the explanation.

 That might have been a valid reason then. The latest version is dated
 from less than 2 weeks ago, so it looks pretty well maintained now :).

 Just a thought ... Perhaps we should try to make Apache OO *really*
 Apache. I am now seeing so many nice things that other Apache projects
 offer: Santuario, APR, pdfbox, Xerces/Xalan, Maven, etc. Just something
 to consider (after 3.4).

 Cheers,

 Pedro.