incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shao Zhi Zhao <zhaos...@cn.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Starting a conversation on AOOo 4.0
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2011 23:18:58 GMT

hi,

IBM symphony will contribute to Apache, it has good UI,it will be
fit to your requirement.

thanks

             Guy Waterval
             <waterval.guy@gma
             il.com>                                                    To
                                       ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org,

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: Starting a conversation on AOOo
             ooo-dev@incubator         4.0
                .apache.org

Hi all,

2011/9/21 Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org>

> I don't want to distract us too much for the 3.4.0 work.  There is a
> lot of work to do, mainly around the detailed work of IP review.
> However, I think we should have a parallel conversation, with project
> contributors as well as with users, about what we could do after that,
> in a major release.

Perhaps time is coming to try to change the interface. We've now two
projects LO and AOO which have the same look and it's perhaps not so good.
think a new look for AOO could give it a better identitiy and could be more
attactive for the mass of the end users as the old one. But as I'm not a
coder, I don't know if this could be "easily" realisable.

Best regards
gw