incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: What is needed for Support Forums to be fully integrated into the Apache OpenOffice.org project
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 01:10:42 GMT

On Sep 6, 2011, at 5:04 PM, Joe Schaefer wrote:

> I'm tired of the one-sided blame game from both sides.
> Suffice it to say that neither side lived up to the
> expectations of the other, and generally poor communication
> skills were on display all around.
>

> Fixating on the past won't help us move forward, so I
> suggest we just let this dog lie.

Yes, we ought to let these dogs lie.

What is important to note is that the tone for the last week has hurt the whole community.
At least three people have left. It may not have been this particular situation that caused
it as there was certainly many, individual, disparate reasons for each person's decision both
explicit and implicit.

My parents taught me that if you don't have anything good to say then don't say anything at
all.

Another way to think about it. What you send to this ML will exist as long as the archives
at the ASF, GMane, MarkMail, Nabble and other aggregators exist. It is a permanent record.
Before you press send think if you will be embarrassed to read your email five years from
now.

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

Best Regards to all no matter your personal preference or decisions.
Dave

>> ________________________________
OpenOffice.org project

>> Le mar. 06 sept. 2011 07:10:03 CEST, Pedro Giffuni <giffunip@tutopia.com> a
écrit :

>>> You can't blame Rob for a decision that Terry took on his own. It's
>>> no secret he had problems with doing things the Apache Way and never
>>> really got well with infra@. Quitting a job you don't like is a
>>> right, and it's obvious he has more important things to think about
>>> right now.
>>>
>>> Pedro.
>>>
>> Are you kidding?
>> He worked hard to do it. The only reason why he left is because of the way he has
been treated by ASF people, not providing information when he was trying to comply with the
ASF way and being flamed when he did things without having the information requested.