incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: How do we want to announce new Committers/PPMC members
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2011 19:49:45 GMT

On Sep 29, 2011, at 12:14 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:

> +1
>
> but with reference to the list that indicates a committer who
> has been authorized for this project.  That is the one Christian
> provided,
> <http://people.apache.org/committers-by-project.html#ooo>.

I have added this link the podling's people.mdtext page.

Updating people.mdtext is considered to be a first step for a new committer, but clearly not
everyone has cared to do that update.

One advantage of doing so is that it provides each committer experience in using the Apache
CMS.

> This list is useful to verify that committers are established and
> authorized in the system to be a committer for ooo.
>
> The entries in bold identify some who might (also) be
> mentors/ASF Members.

Bold identifies ASF members. Not every member listed is a Mentor. I think though you have
to be a Member to be a Mentor although I could be wrong about that.

Regards,
Dave