incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

Subject Re: What is needed for Support Forums to be fully integrated into the Apache project
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2011 19:21:07 GMT

On 5 Sep 2011, at 19:57, Reizinger Zoltán wrote:

>>> +1
>>> But needs to work as a moderator and admin on forum, if they require such role.
>> While that's certainly desirable, if PMC members need this kind of access to provide
oversight, then they need to be able to get access regardless. This seems less likely to be
required if there's separate archival as suggested below.
>>> -1
>>> It is a misunderstanding of closed forums.
>> Perhaps you could elaborate on this?
> The  "exclusive zone of ownership" is too ambiguous to me in this case, may be my English
is not good enough to understand it.
> The closed forums (not seen by ordinary users) used for discussing all forums common
things about of management, updates etc., other for storing spam posts for limited time, but
if committer has admin/moderator access could see the content.

I wouldn't want to speak for Rob, but my interpretation is that you aren't far apart. Sounds
like he wouldn't want the private forums to become a competitor to the pmc-private list, and
from your explanation, it sounds like it wouldn't.

View raw message