incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Support forums
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 23:36:17 GMT

On 7 Sep 2011, at 00:28, Shane Curcuru wrote:

> On 9/6/2011 7:07 PM, Simon Phipps wrote:
> ...snip...
>> 1. Use of domain name
>> The project could ask legal@ to temporarily grant permission to the Support
>> Forums to keep using the domain name until releases have been made at AOOo.
>> Even then it's possible that we'll want to continue a "licensing"
>> arrangement.
>
> I would be uncomfortable with this arrangement, and personally think it's a step backwards
from the turn towards a much friendlier and more productive discussion on the matter of forum
governance that's just started.

> I agree this is a process that will take some time, so it's not like all changes have
to happen tomorrow or even in the next several weeks.  But I don't see pushing for the "licensing"
being a productive or likely step to happen.

Can you explain why please Shane? I hear your assertion but I don't see an explanation of
why this suggested temporary arrangement is a show stopper for the rest of the proposal you
snipped.

Thanks

Simon