incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Dissatisfaction amongst the community admins, moderators and volunteers
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 05:17:00 GMT
Hi,

Le 8 sept. 11 à 01:04, Dave Fisher a écrit :

>> Honestly this seems like mailing lists are an awful way to take
>> decision.
>> Someones votes will be swamped by the hundred of other emails
>> comenting and
>> flamewaring making the vote completely disappeared. We need better
>> software
>> to account this voiting, like a poll or something similar.
>> We need to consider two things, what people decide and their
>> reasoning. So
>> mailing list is good to express opinion or responses. But is bad
>> to account
>> how many people actually say I am forward this or I still havent
>> make a
>> decision.
>
> +1, they are when a few individuals dominate the conversation
> making it difficult for consensus to build or solutions to be
> defined. Instead we went round and round.
>
> I am getting the feeling that if someone ever puts together a
> concrete proposal that we are going to need to have a [VOTE], but
> probably not one where a single -1 is a veto.

Not sure this will work here, but I remember, when a decision was
difficult to take, we invited people to vote on IssueZillla  :

Issue number XXXX  means +1

Issued number YYYY means -1

Add a deadline, and go.  Oh, I forgot : only the one we cannot we
cannot associate the identity and the pseudo can vote several times,
as usual.

Eric

--
qɔᴉɹə