incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Having New Committers also be on the PPMC
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2011 18:31:44 GMT

On 30 Sep 2011, at 19:15, Rob Weir wrote:

> We have never adopted a formal position of having everyone be a
> committer and PPMC member.  So if we did not change anything, we would
> still not have such a policy. I'm not arguing against the status quo
> of not having such a policy.

You appear to be arguing against the status quo of all new committers joining the PPMC though.
So my question remains, is there really a problem with waiting until graduation to adjust
this project's PMC?

My sense is that the project is still in a formative stage and will need significant changes
to the PMC before graduation - it has a number of PMC members who in a normal Apache project
would not even be committers, for example. Once the dynamics of a fully functional project
are evident I would expect to see a more complete rethink. The partial move of restricting
admission to the PPMC now is counterintuitive if there is no current harm being done.

S.