incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][wiki] Migration (was Re: Who Wants to build OpenOffice?)
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 00:53:07 GMT

On Sep 5, 2011, at 5:00 PM, Matt Richards wrote:

> One lurking question (suppose its also a decision) is content wise is there
> a plan to transition the content on the current OO.org wiki over
> to confluence? I'm gathering there are some licensing/community related
> issues with doing so. But it seems kind of redundant/confusing to have two
> wikis for one project. I thought OOOUsers would contain similar information
> to what is now on the OpenOffice.org wiki?

The OOOUsers CWiki was created when the project started Apache Incubation so that we could
have a Wiki and start planning. The community has an understandable preference for MediaWiki.
Terry E appeared later and has been doing the extremely heavy lifting of both the OOo wiki
and user forums to Apache Infrastructure. Assuming this the final transition occurs then I
think it is likely that the current OOOUsers CWiki will be converted to either the migrated
OOo MediaWiki or webpages for the project site.

Sorry for the transitional confusion. Choose which wiki you prefer for now.

Of course, this is only my opinion and others might disagree.

Regards,
Dave