incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Forums not reachable
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2011 17:28:11 GMT
On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 7:12 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 12:59 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>> On Sep 29, 2011, at 1:54 AM, Rory O'Farrell wrote:
>>
>>> On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 10:00:04 +0200
>>> Christian Grobmeier <grobmeier@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> <snipped - synopsis of the proposed move of forums to Apache>

>>> Very well (and fairly) expressed, Christian.
>>>
>>> The comments by Peter Roelhofsen (floris_v on the forum) on the wiki page cited
above in general express the overall view of forum volunteers, I think; we mostly feel that
trying to impose the existing Apache structure on the forms is overkill and may stifle it.
 I recommend that the comments on the wiki page be carefully read;  note that the forum
is willing to modify its structures to fit in with Apache, but there does not seem to be a
similar flexibility on the Apache side.

>> We are individuals and volunteers here and some of us were busy with our paying jobs
when this all blew up on the ooo-dev ML a few weeks ago. Some may appear less flexible than
others. We are waiting for an actual proposal.

> +1
>
> Also, if those who have been working on a proposal find themselves
> circling around over the same issues and not finding a resolution, I'd
> recommend starting a thread on ooo-dev, summarizing the remaining
> issue, and start a discussion here.  Maybe getting more eyes on the
> remaining issues will bring in some different perspectives, new ideas.

All true, but there are enough comments on the proposal wiki page to
update it. My guess is, after the comments are all build in, the
proposal is near to be voted on. I might find some time to do it the
next days, hopefully. Other volunteers (esp. from the forum) highly
welcome :-)