incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: An invitation to committers to the OOo Community Forums
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2011 14:59:21 GMT
On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 7:45 PM, Donald Whytock <dwhytock@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 9:37 AM, Christian Grobmeier <grobmeier@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Do you really want to discuss a users behavior in public?
>> Wow, I really don't want to do that. I strongly believe that only a
>> few people would discuss another guys behavior in public.
>
> It happens.  In fact it happened here, on this list, yesterday.  There
> was some pretty excessive vitriol, open and in public.  And yet it
> seemed to work into more mature and rational discussion today.
>
> If behavior discussions are going to occur at all, it's probably
> better that they happen in public rather than there be the feeling of
> a secret faceless committee to which users can neither respond nor
> appeal.  The latter can lead to discontent.

It might be different to discuss roughly at the dev forums were most
people know each other than in a public message boards were even my
grandmother might participate. At this project I heard the term "end
users" very often; I don't think you can use the same rules of heavy
geek-discussion for end users of OpenOffice.