incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject [forum] role matching
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2011 16:03:30 GMT
At: http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/memberlist.php?mode=&sk=m&sd=d

I see moderators and volunteers. In addition I know about forum administrators.
Looking at the moderators, they have postrange from 1500 to 18.000
posts (since 2007). I think they have shown a good committment to the
project. My question is, are these moderators now eligible to be a
committer in the apache sense?

The admin have a full power on the board. I don't know how many there
are at the moment. But in my mind an Admin should be on the PMC of
OOo.

I would be +1 to see these people integrated into the project, if they
are not. I believe there should be at least 3 PMCs coming from the
forum. They could then decide on new forum moderators (together with
the rest of the PMC), new committers (again with the rest of the PMC)
or if they give out volunteer status (on their own - lazy consens on
the forum PMC active)

What do you think about that? I have not spoken with the forum people
on that yet, but I think this might be a first good step in solving
the integration issues.

Cheers
Christian