incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Support forums
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 08:59:54 GMT
On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 6:31 AM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 12:10 AM, drew <drew@baseanswers.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, 2011-09-06 at 23:29 -0400, Rob Weir wrote:
>>> Right now, it looks like we're waiting for the forum volunteers
>>> discuss among themselves and come back with a proposal.
>>
>> Oh for crying out loud - no that is not where we are - Christian put up
>> a proposal - you put up an amended version on the ML - you, I and others
>> then worked over a few of those points all freaking day long - I thought
>> moving in the right direction pretty darn well, and thought it was down
>> to one point, that's it and even there given posts from ASF
>> mentors/leaders that this was all but a done deal also.
>>

> Drew, as an employee of a large corporation, I need to take those
> kinds of claims seriously.  They are not laughing matters and I cannot
> ignore the claim once it has been made.

Rob,

can you then bring a concrete suggestion? It feels like we are moving
in the circle.
So many people said it can be done. The forum volunteers seem to be
fine with pretty everything we have spoken on.

Please make concrete suggestions to modify the proposal on the wiki.

My guess is you wanted to say that the volunteer group donates the
forum and its content to the ASF with an code grant at the same time
they are joining the ASF. Or something like that.

You discuss as it were the forum folks who want to urgently join this
project. In fact we want them too. We need to cooperate now and help
them to come into ooo-dev. Of course we force nobody to join - they
have shown already they *want* to join because they have participated
actively this discussion.

I ask you now to open a new paragraph on the proposal maybe called "To
be done" or so and shortly ask the questions what you want to see
answered. Otherwise we'll all get killed by tons of e-mails and to be
honest, I am not getting paid for this and it is pretty hard to read
the same arguments in different words all over and over.

Cheers

--
http://www.grobmeier.de