incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is needed for Support Forums to be fully integrated into the Apache OpenOffice.org project
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 07:41:35 GMT
On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 7:23 AM, toki <toki.kantoor@gmail.com> wrote:
> Whilst it was Terry's choice, Rob's attitude was quite literally :
> "I don't care about how the forum used to be run, or why it was run that
> way. You will do this, or else, where the or else is to treat it as if
> it was a mailing list."
> At least Sun could respect
> the linguistic and socio-cultural differences of its various user
> communities.
>
> The Apache Foundation appears hell bent on inflicting its own white
> bread cookie cutter mould on everything, without giving a thought's
> consideration as to why the policies and practices evolved to what they are.

It feels very wrong to me that you generalize one individuals
statement to a whole organization consisting of more than 2300 people.
Even here at the project people were interested in how the forum
works. Look at Dennis for example. Look at Shane. Look at me. etc etc.

Rob seems to have a lot of time for his email client and his wording
is sometimes very, well, non-british. But this is not how everybody at
the ASF feels. If you say that you ignore all efforts from other asf
people to deal with the concerns of the more conservative ones and
make the forum fit to every bodies need.

I ask you kindly not to generalize in that way: I know it is very
tempting. But it is wrong.