incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject [RT] Create a second incubator podling - the ooo forums
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 10:03:34 GMT
Hello,

there are much emotions on the ooo forum at the moment and my feeling
says if we continue this path of discussion, we'll have some problems.

Now I had an idea: what if we would make up another incubator podling
- the ooo forums - with an own PPMC.
In fact Rob already expressed something like that and introduced the
idea to run the forums outside apache. But this can happen different.
What if we run the forums outside of the standard ooo project but as a
project on its own.

I mean, the forums have some technic - the phpBB boards.
They have active admins (I call PPMC) and active mentors (committers).

I think making ooo-forums another podling is way easier than
integrating it into ooo-dev.

Thoughts?

Christian