incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Forums not reachable
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2011 08:00:04 GMT
Kay,

> Can you supply an update to whatever is going on on this wiki page?
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Community+Forums

This page looks like an technical overview of running the forum. I am
not sure a status information would fit there. Anyway, here is some
more info, fell free to add it whereever you want it.

> The issue Terry refers to has been closed and the response is confusing to
> me, but perhaps it makes sense to someone else.
> I, for one, would really like to get an idea of what's going on with this.

Not sure which issue you mean. Are speaking of "4) Work on the
rebranding and other content changes to comply with agreed project
requirements"

If yes, this is not solved yet.

Basically the forums are property of the forum volunteers (which are
the maintainers of the board). They are running the board for years
similar to the ASF. Now there was a lots of discussion what they need
to change, like for example: who will be a committer, who will be
PMCs. On the other hand of course the ooo-pmc would get hands on the
forum - it seems forum people are very nervous about this, because
they feel treated very badly from ooo-dev.

That being said, there was much discussion on the forum itself, and
there is still no decision. While the english board is   roundabout
60% are for a move, at the spanish speakers board nobody wants to move
to the ASF.

It is is still a confusing situation, and we finally started a draft
of the necessary changes:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Changes+integrate+the+forums+into+the+AOOo+project
but as you can see, it is incomplete and not yet voteable. Some more
work is required. The offline time of the boards does not help, of
course :(

Hope I have expressed everything very well.

Cheers
Christian

--
http://www.grobmeier.de