incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How do we want to announce new Committers/PPMC members
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2011 18:26:45 GMT
On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 7:55 PM, Ross Gardler
<rgardler@opendirective.com> wrote:
> On Sep 29, 2011 6:01 PM, "Rob Weir" <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
>> Some Apache projects announce each new committer to their main mailing
>> list.  Others don't.   We're received mixed advice from our mentors.
>
> Really? I've not seen anyone say don't announce committers. The ASF is all
> about merit, why would one not give credit where credit is due?
>
> I know of no projects that do not announce new commiters.

Mei either.

>> Personally, I'm in favor of a modest announcement to the ooo-dev list
>> after a new committer has been elected and have submitted the iCLA.
>>
>> What do you think?

A huge +1.

When I was a non-committer, I found it very motivating that actually
people managed to get svn access. Projects, you are working for, and
which seem never to include new people are very frustrating.

Christian

--
http://www.grobmeier.de