incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposal: Forum integration
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 19:43:27 GMT
On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 3:29 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
> They don't have to become committers unless they choose to contribute code and such to
the development project, seems to me.

We can -- as a matter of project policy -- require a committer status
for any permissions beyond the default permissions available to
users/contributors on the list.  It doesn't need to involve IP issues
related to project code.  For example, to work closely with Infra
requires an Apache ID, so volunteers who need to do that become Apache
contributors even though they may never write a line of code for the
project (ducking to avoid the debate on whether shell scripting is
coding or note)

So it is not a matter of "they must", it is a matter of "should we
require it?". We're designing a process, not applying an existing one.

-Rob

> (There is a requirement for those who can work at the server level, but that is not a
general requirement for what are considered Forum Admins.)

> Also, having PPMC members able to have oversight there and to have preserved logs would
seem to be all that we require.  That should be sufficient for into the incubator, which
is all we can offer at this point.