incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Having New Committers also be on the PPMC
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2011 18:47:32 GMT
On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 2:31 PM, Simon Phipps <> wrote:
> On 30 Sep 2011, at 19:15, Rob Weir wrote:
>> We have never adopted a formal position of having everyone be a
>> committer and PPMC member.  So if we did not change anything, we would
>> still not have such a policy. I'm not arguing against the status quo
>> of not having such a policy.
> You appear to be arguing against the status quo of all new committers joining the PPMC
though. So my question remains, is there really a problem with waiting until graduation to
adjust this project's PMC?

That is a counter-factual question. That is not the status quo.  We
have no such rule.  For example, we already have one committer who is
not on the PPMC.  I expect we'll have more unless a restrictive rule
is imposed that requires that both roles be simultaneously assigned.

The status quo is for a PPMC member to nominate a person and to
specify what they are nominating the for.  There is no further
restriction.  I'm not in favor of restricting this further.  Are you?

View raw message