incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Legacy OOo list post stats
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2011 16:40:53 GMT
To help prioritize the list migration efforts, I've collected numbers
from the legacy OOo lists.  Looking at 2011 posts, year to date, these
are the average posts/day for the most-used lists.

I've arbitrarily cut-off the lost at lists having more than one post
every other day.  There are 332 lists overall that I could find, most
of them getting little to no traffic.   To put these numbers in
perspective note that our ooo-dev list averages 59 posts per day. So
we know what that traffic feels like.   If we add up all of the top
100 OOo lists, excluding the Bugzilla notifications, they add up to 62
posts/day average.

So I think this argues strongly for list consolidation.  Direct all
user-related lists to ooo-users and project-related lists to ooo-dev.

List Posts/day
org.openoffice.allbugs	54.8
org.openoffice.users	9.0
org.openoffice.de.users	7.9