incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What is needed for Support Forums to be fully integrated into the Apache OpenOffice.org project
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 13:06:31 GMT
On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 8:10 AM, Pedro Giffuni <giffunip@tutopia.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 10:52:27 +0200, RGB ES <rgb.mldc@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Well, Rob, you finally did it. I hope you are happy. I'm not.
>> Even if someone else can work the miracle and get the migration done
>> (I doubt it), you'll find that the resulting forum under your
>> conditions will be a place full of content, but without contributors.
>>

> You can't blame Rob for a decision that Terry took on his own. It's
> no secret he had problems with doing things the Apache Way and never
> really got well with infra@. Quitting a job you don't like is a
> right, and it's obvious he has more important things to think about
> right now.

Right.  We shouldn't forget that this is now the 2nd or 3rd time that
Terry has resigned.  The first was after a blow up with Apache Infra,
notable for one of the rare uses of the term "git" in a non-technical
sense on this list. [1] [2].

I suspect I will be blamed for the *next* time Terry resigns as well,
so I apologize in advance for whenever that day (or hour) comes.

-Rob

[1] http://markmail.org/message/v5nd5xwhzdruvm7u
[2] http://markmail.org/message/k7jgaz3exdpu4b5o