incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Re : [Discuss] Lost in translation
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2011 22:10:53 GMT
On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 5:48 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
> We didn't know to contact JB or Sophie.

Please stop saying "we don't know".  It is really annoying to those
who do. I'm sure that you have no firm basis for believing that no one
on the list knows how to contact Sophie.  How could you possibly?

Of course, you could just say "I don't know", but in that case, what's
the point?  It is not really useful for everyone who doesn't know an
answer to a question to jump in to share that fact.  What if we all
did that?  So maybe don't try to be the first one to post a response
to a question if you don't know the answer.   Wait a little while and
give someone who does know a chance to post a response.  For example,
in this case, the two people who did post informative answers within
minutes of your "we don't know".

Thanks,

-Rob