incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] start collecting the correct content for a NOTICE.txt file
Date Sat, 24 Sep 2011 12:43:41 GMT
On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 3:04 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
> I find it is interesting that NOTICE is the preference and there are objections to adding
an extension.

> It doesn't let SVN line-ends be dealt with in accord with the local system though.  That
is why I use LICENSE.txt and NOTICE.txt in places where I have a say in the matter.  It is
also rather universally recognized as text, even on systems that historically didn't use extensions
on file names.  (It also leaves room for .html versions of the same name, for even more excitement.)

If you use the Apache-recommended Subversion config settings, it will
correctly handle the eol-style for NOTICE and LICENSE, even without a
file extension:

http://www.apache.org/dev/svn-eol-style.txt

-Rob