incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [legal] How to clarify, if usage of Boost C++ source libraries is allowed
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2011 12:16:38 GMT
On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 8:08 AM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
<orwittmann@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to clarify, if we can still use the Boost C++ source libraries in our
> project.
> It is licensed under the Boost Software License - Version 1.0, found at
> http://www.boost.org/LICENSE_1_0.txt
>
> Boost is widely used in our source core. It is included in project via the
> "ext_sources" process.
>
> What is the right way at Apache to clarify, if such a 3rd party stuff can be
> used, if its license is not mentioned at
> http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html?
> Should I submit a corresponding JIRA issue in JIRA project 'Legal Discuss'?

If there is doubt, certainly send a note to legal-discuss asking them
to classify the license.  This particular case looks easy.  It is not
placing any restrictions other than including their notice.   So we
would need to add their notice to our NOTICE.txt.

Rob