incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: A systematic approach to IP review?
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 15:50:34 GMT
2011/9/20 Jürgen Schmidt <jogischmidt@googlemail.com>:
> On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 2:34 PM, Shane Curcuru <asf@shanecurcuru.org> wrote:
>
>> So... has anyone actually run Apache RAT yet?  It has a scan only mode
>> which I'd think would be the simplest place to start.
>>
>> it's on my todo list to take a look on it, probably i will come back with
> questions

I did a run earlier today.  Good news is we have 4 files with Apache
license.  Bad news is we have 52,876 files with "unknown" license.  In
most cases that should just be the standard OOo header.

These scans will be much more useful after we've replaced the OOo
headers with Apache headers.  But we can't just do a global change.
We should only make that change for files that are in the official
Oracle SGA.  After that is done, then the RAT report will be more
useful.