incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Having New Committers also be on the PPMC
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2011 17:47:57 GMT
On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 1:32 PM, Ross Gardler
<rgardler@opendirective.com> wrote:
> May I observe that this thread should be about what is right for AOOo. What
> others do and whether that is right or wrong is irrelevant here unless we
> are using it to inform our decision. Lets not have yet another "us" and
> "them" argument.

We've talked about other Apache projects, and what they do.  It is a
fair point to talk about what other open source projects do as well.
Finding out what "is right for AOOo" is not something best done with
our eyes shut.

I agree let's not make it adversarial.  But I would be interested to
know why Simon speaks up in favor of us have a congress-sized PMC, but
has not made a similar recommendation for TDF/LO.  If there is a good
answer, I'm sure it would be relevant to our discussions, since the
projects are otherwise very similar.  In other words, is TDF/LO
governance a different solution to the same problem?  Or a different
problem altogether?  If the former, then what went wrong there that
leads Simon to make a different recommendation for AOOo?

-Rob