incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: An invitation to committers to the OOo Community Forums
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2011 16:59:21 GMT
On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 12:46 PM, Terry Ellison <Terry@ellisons.org.uk> wrote:
> Anyone is able to join the OOo Community forums, but we also have a number
> of closed forums use for internal management of the site.  If any committers
> would like to have access to these, then just make sure that they've got an
> active account on the current production service (not ooo-forums.apache.org)
> and email me me from it requesting access.  I will then raise you to
> "volunteer" so that you can see the main closed forums.

-1

I propose that we eliminate any such "internal management" forums.
Having these goes against the transparency that we should be
expressing in all of our work as an Apache project.

If something truly does require confidential treatment then it could
be brought to the ooo-private list, where committers already have
access. And equally important, ooo-private is readable by our podling
mentors and by Apache Members, to ensure we do not abuse the use of
such private lists.

If something requires special treatment because it relates to site
security, then that belongs with Apache Infra.

If we're merely discussing "internal management of the site" on these
closed forums, this may be boring to most site visitors, but that is
not a sufficient reason to conduct this work in private.

-Rob