incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Planet OpenOffice?
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 14:10:12 GMT
I didn't see this listed in the transition planning page [1] but we
should note that OOo had a community blog aggregator called Planet
OpenOffice.org [2],  (The site appears to be down at the moment).

Is there any interest in seeing this, or something similar continue for AOOo?

Apache does have a cross-project aggregator, for official project and
ASF blogs [3], as well as an aggregator of Committer blogs [4].  But
do we want an aggregator of OOo-related blogs, including the wider
community, not just project committers?

This would not be hard to set up.  The Planet or Venus software is
python, which works on a config file and a template.  You run it as a
cron job, generating static HTML files, so very efficient and secure.

What do we think?  Should we bring this over?  Any volunteers?

-Rob

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Transition+Planning
[2] http://planet.services.openoffice.org/
[3] http://blogs.apache.org/